Welcome to St. Mary’s High School website! We are so proud of our entire school community and enjoy sharing information and stories about all of the wonderful things happening here on the Southside.
Every year we work to improve the facilities and our learning environment. There have been quite a few enhancements over the last six years. These include:
- Creation of a new main entrance complete with facial recognition, front desk, and guest check-in software
- New HVAC systems in our classrooms in the north wing
- Creation of a new administration suite and a Southside Legacy Shop for spirit wear
- Kresko-Miller Field received a facelift with the installation of a new turf field and enhanced lighting
- New sound system for Kresko-Miller Field
- Creation of a new parking lot next to Kresko-Miller Field to accommodate tailgates!
- Installed new electronic signage on the front lawn, courtesy of the Class of 1966
- Renovation of the president’s office and new conference room
- New HVAC in the athletic building
- Total reconstruction of 8 restrooms in the school and athletic buildings
- New flooring in the cafeteria, kitchen and main lobby
- New outside irrigation system
- Construction of a new Wrestling Room
- Renovation of external gates making them electric/remote
- Construction of a new press box for Kresko-Miller Field
- New sound system for the Archbishop John L. May Athletic Complex (gym)
- Constructed new bocce courts and gathering space located in the former greenhouse space
Also, the removal of the St. Joseph’s Home for Boys from our campus footprint in the summer of 2018 has opened up a large piece of space that we hope to fill with another facility down the line that will benefit our school and community. We are dreaming about what may be able to come next!
Thank you for visiting our website, and I hope you can see that St. Mary’s High School is on the move!
Michael F. England
St. Mary's High School